Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monday 12 September 2011

What Music Means To Me


Childhood
Anyone who was born in the 90's who claims they don't go mental every time they hear this song is a liar. The song was one of my favourites and I even remember singing it during long car journeys and while shopping with my mother. It continues to represent me today, as I sit on the brink between adulthood and my childhood years. I can't remember how long ago it was that I first heard it but this song will always hold a strong place in my memories.


Teens
This song is one that I have never particularly enjoyed, however not only does it hold very strong sentimental value for me, the uplifting beat and yet somehow sombre acoustic ukulele seem to sum up for me my teenage years. I first heard the song when it was played to me by an old girlfriend, as one of the pieces she would be singing in a competition. It was later a song that featured on a mixed tape that a girl I was very interested in gave to me. The song always reminds me of my mid teens and (although it's not the best of songs) it will surely be a song that I continue to like throughout my life.



Today
This is a song that recently was added to my spotify. As my recent enjoyment of "Chase & Status" hit a bit of a high, I felt it was an appropriate choice for my modern choice. The song hits home well for me, the attitude and feel to it seem to reflect me in some ways. It is also slightly uncharacteristic of "Chase & Status" as a song. I feel that the slightly different aspect of it represents my unusual characteristics and attitudes.

Added Bonus
As a special treat I give you (in true glee style) an acoustic mash up of all three songs. I apologise in advance for its shoddiness, but regardless, here is the song that represents my life as a whole, the ups and downs, the flow (and lack of it in places) and of course my terrible voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment